Can a 30 Amp RV Plug Into a 50 amp Connection?

by Wrenn
(Springfield, TN)

Can a 5th wheel that has a 30 amp system, use 50 amps at a RV park?

ANSWER: Hi Wren thanks for submitting your question on our Ask An RV Question Page.

You sure can plug your 30 Amp RV into a 50 Amp plug at an RV Park. All you need is a 50 Amp Male to 30 Amp Female Adapter icon.

One thing you need to realize is that even though you are plugged into a 50 Amp connection; your RV is still only receiving 30 Amps of power, so you will still be limited in the number of major appliances you can run at one time.

I hope this helps.

Protect your RV and your family while on the road: Join Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service Today and save!

Happy RVing

RVing Al

Do you have any suggestions or comments on this topic? You can add them to this page by clicking on the "Click Here To Post Comments" link located near the bottom of this page.

Camping World

Don't Forget To Visit The Everything About RVing Stores.  If It Has To Do With RVing And The Outdoors The EARV Stores Have What You Are Looking For!

RV Accessories - Sporting Goods - RVing and Travel Books and How To Videos - Kindle Accessories and Books - The RVers Gift Shop - The RVer Mall - Buy or Sell An RV - The NASCAR Collectibles Store

Comments for Can a 30 Amp RV Plug Into a 50 amp Connection?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Can you combine two 15 amp plugs into on to get 30 amps to your rig?
by: AndreR

I was wondering if someone could tell me, if you can combine two 15 amp plugs into a 30 amp one to get 30 amps to your rig. I see that it may be possible at certain smaller places to plug in 15 amps into one socket and if you could plug another one into a different socket get 30 amps together. Is this possible (technically possible)

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask An RV Question.

Affordable Tire & Wheel Protection - No deductible! Auto & RV coverage! $59.99 per year!

Good Sam Tire & Wheel Protection

24/7 emergency medical evacuation for peace of mind when you travel. Good Sam TravelAssist. Learn More!

Good Sam Travel Assist>

Good Sam ESP

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Good Sam Tire & Wheel Protection

Good Sam Travel Assist

Click Here

Untitled Page