Let Good Sam Extended Service Plan Pay Your RV Repair Bill

How Can I Plug In a Regular Extension Cord Into a 30 AMP Plug at a Campground?

by Anonymous

In a KOA campsite, with a 30 amp power supply, can you plug a standard outdoor extension cord into the box, or does it require an adaptor of some kind?

ANSWER: Thanks for submitting your question on our Ask An RV Question Page.

In a lot of cases the electrical boxes at campgrounds also have a normal household 15 Amp outlet as well as a 30 AMP and/or 50 Amp receptacles. You can call the campground that you are staying at and verify if they also have the normal 15 AMP electrical outlets on their electric boxes (pedestals).

If you stay at a campground that does not include a 15 AMP outlet you can use a 30 amp male to 15 amp female adapter to plug your extension cord into a 30 AMP outlet.

I hope this helps.

Do you have any suggestions or comments on this topic? You can add them to this page by clicking on the "Click Here To Post Comments" link located near the bottom of this page.

Now protect all of your Vehicles and your family while on the road: Join Good Sam Emergency Road Service Today and save!

Happy RVing

RVing Al

Don't Forget To Visit The Everything About RVing Stores.  If It Has To Do With RVing And The Outdoors The EARV Stores Have What You Are Looking For!

RV Accessories - Sporting Goods - RVing and Travel Books and How To Videos - Kindle Accessories and Books - The RVers Gift Shop - The RVer Mall - Buy or Sell An RV

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask An RV Question.

Affordable Tire & Wheel Protection - No deductible! Auto & RV coverage! $59.99 per year!

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Good Sam Travel Assist for $59.99 - Save $30

Good Sam Travel Assist

RV Parts and Accessories

Good Sam ESP

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Good Sam Travel Assist

Click Here