Grilled Potatoe Pouches
Editors Note: This recipe was submitted on our Favorite Camping Recipes Page.Grilled Potatoe Pouches
6-8 medium potatoes
5-6 slices of ham and cheese, cut in half
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 each red and green bell pepper thinly sliced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
5-6 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
foil wrap, 5-6 sheets squared1000's Of Brand Name Cookware Sets At Super Low Prices Directions:
1. Preheat Grill
2. Place each potato in the center of a square sheet of foil, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill 10 minutes per side. Remove.
3. Carefully open the foil and slice each potatoe into 1/2 inch thick slices, 1/2 inch from the bottom of the potatoe, being careful not to cut the potatoe all the way through.
4. Layer each slice of the potatoe with a 1/2 slice of ham and cheese, and alternate the onions slices.
5. Top the potatoe with bell peppers, 1 tablespoon butter, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Reclose the foil packet by bringing the corners of the foil to the center, up over the potatoes. Folding the ends of the foil to seal, and make a pouch.
7. Return to the grill for 4-7 minutes until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoe pouches from the grill, let cool to touch. Remove the foil.
Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes