(Ocean Park, Wa.)
Editors Note: This recipe was submitted on our Favorite Camping Recipes Page.Directions:
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
8 oz. orange marmalade
8 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix together the orange marmalade, tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, and dry ingredients.
2. Place the slow cooker on high heat.
3. Add olive oil in bottom of slow cooker, and add the chicken, the liquid mixture, and top with the remaining ingredients.
4. Add the lid to the slow cooker and cook on High for 1 hour.
5. Reduce the heat to Low, and continue cooking for 3 1/2 more hours.
For spicy hotter flavored orange chicken add hot sauce or chili powder, or more cumin.
Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes