Why Do The Tires On My RV Keep Blowing Out?
My father is in I think Alabama coming from Florida trying to get to Colorado. He has a brand new Dutchmen and has already lost three tires. This is the first road trip on it so there all no miles on the tires. What could be causing the problem?ANSWER:
Greetings Keith thanks for submitting your question on our Ask An RV Question Page.
There could be a number of reasons that the tires on your Dad's trailer are blowing out. There is no way without inspecting the RV to be sure what the actual cause is. Listed below are common causes of tire failures on RVs.
1. Overloaded trailer. If you exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR the maximum weight that the trailer can carry safely when fully loaded) you can cause suspension damage that could cause the tires to fail.
2. Under inflated or over inflated tires can also cause tires to fail. If a tire is under inflated it creates and excessive amount of heat in the tire and the tire can fail. Over inflated tires do not absorb road impacts properly and can cause the tire to fail.
3. A defective suspension system on the trailer itself can cause rubbing on the tires by suspension parts and cause tires to fail.
Leave your RV repair bills to us—Good Sam Extended Service PlanNow protect all of your Vehicles and your family while on the road: Join Good Sam Emergency Road Service Today and save!
4. Defective tires. Tires that were not manufactured properly can fail.
5. Last but definitely not least road hazards such as metal debris, broken glass, pot holes, etc. can cause tires to fail.
The bottom line is your dad needs to make a stop at the nearest Dutchmen Dealership to get his new trailer inspected.
The Dutchmen RV Website has a Dealer Locater Page that you can search to find a dealer in the area that your dad is currently traveling in. He needs to locate a dealer close to him that has a repair facility on site.
I hope this helps.
Do you have any suggestions or comments on this topic? You can add them to this page by clicking on the "Click Here To Post Comments" link located near the bottom of this page.
P.S. Did You Know that you can build your own Web Page on Everything About RVing? Just Tell Us Why You Love RVing, Share An RVing Tip Or Trick, Tell Us About Your Favorite Camping Or RVing Destination or Share a Funny RVing Story With Us.