Zesty Grilled Spinach Burgers
(St. George, Utah)
Editors Note: This recipe was submitted on our Favorite Camping Recipes Page.Zesty Grilled Spinach Burgers
1 pound fresh spinach
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
½ pound pork sausage
6-8 hamburger buns
3/4 cup bread pieces,
6-8 slices chipotle or jalapeño cheddar
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/3 cup milk
½ cup grated cheese
1/3 cup diced onions
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste1000's Of Brand Name Cookware Sets At Super Low Prices Directions:
1. Preheat grill
2. Place fresh spinach in large bowl and cover, microwave for 4-6 minutes, or just until wilted. You may also steam in saucepan. Let spinach cool, and then chop the spinach.
3. Add milk to bread pieces, let soak until bread is absorbed. Gently squeeze milk from the bread, tossing out the milk.
4. Combine spinach with remaining ingredients, (except cheese slices). Divide into equal pieces and shape into 6-8 burgers.
5. Oil the grill grate. Place burgers on the grill for 4-6 minutes per side, flipping the burger only once until done. Medium rare, 4 minutes per side.
6. Butter the bottoms of the hamburger buns and brush with olive oil. Place on the grill 1-2 minute before the burgers are done. Grill for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Remove.
7. Place burgers on the bun and top with a slice of cheese. Add your favorite condiments. Enjoy.
Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes