Grilled Veggie Sandwich
Editors Note: This recipe was submitted on our Favorite Camping Recipes Page.Grilled Veggie Sandwich
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 each sliced horizontally in four strips
green and red bell peppers, small zucchini, yellow squash and red onion
2 (4-x6-inch) focaccia bread slices, or a thick crusted bread or bread rolls split horizontally
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Salt and pepper tasteDirections
1. Preheat the grill for high heat.
2. Mix the top five ingredients in a bowl. Set aside in a cool place.
3. Brush all vegetables with olive oil on each side. Also brush the grill grate with oil.
4. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill. Set onion, mushrooms and squash pieces around them.
Here are Some Great Grill and BBQ Accessories
5. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Turn vegetables, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. The slices of peppers will take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.
6. Spread the butter mixture on the cut sides of the bread, and sprinkle each one with feta cheese. Place on the grill, cheese side up, and cover with the grill lid or foil, for 2-3 minutes. This will warm the bread, and slightly melt the cheese. Be careful not to burn the bottoms of the bread. Remove from grill.
7. Slice the mushrooms and layer with all the vegetables on the grilled bread. Serve as an open faced grilled sandwich, or place on the top of the bread. Cut the sandwich into slices, and enjoy.
Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes
Tell Other RVers Why You Love RVing
Tell Other RVers About Your Favorite Camping Or RVing Destination
Share a Funny RVing Story With Other RVers
Share A RVing or Camping Tip or Trick With Other RVers