These wheels (like the one pictured above), when used properly, do an excellent job of removing stripes, RV Decals, glue, etc. regardless of how long they have been on your RV. This quick and easy method will not damage your RV's finish as long as you keep in mind that the wheels are designed to run at an optimum speed of 2,000 RPM plus or minus 200 RPM.
Depending on the number of graphics you need to remove, you may need several of these wheels to complete the job.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to use one of these wheels like the 3M Stripe Off Wheel.
Using Adhesive Removers to Remove RV Vinyl Graphics
1. Clean the surface of the RV to remove any dirt or debris that may be stuck to the decal.
2. Apply the adhesive remover to a cloth and dab it onto the decal. Be sure to cover the entire decal with the solution.
3. Allow the adhesive remover to sit on the decal for the time recommended by the manufacturer. This will usually be at least several minutes but could be as long as several hours.
4. Use a scraper or a credit card to gently scrape the decal off the surface. Be careful not to scratch the surface of the RV.
5. If the decal is still attached to the surface, apply more adhesive remover and continue scraping until the decal is completely removed.
6. Once the decal is removed, use a clean cloth to wipe away any remaining adhesive remover or residue.
7. If the decal left a stain on the surface of the RV, you may need to use a more heavy-duty cleaner or sand the surface to remove the stain.
Remember to use caution when using any of the methods above as you will be working with adhesive removers and other chemicals which can be hazardous if ingested or if they come into contact with your skin or eyes. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully, and wear protective gloves and goggles when using these products.
Everything-About-RVing.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.