FTC Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through some of the links in this article for more information, visit our Advertising Disclosure Page.
(Hot Springs, AR)
Editors Note: This recipe was submitted on our Favorite Camping Recipes Page. Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes
Italian Spicy Sub
2 lbs. Round steak, thinly sliced into strips
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
1 each, green and red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
8 oz. Sliced mushrooms
1 26 ½ oz. Jar or can spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 loaf Italian bread
8 slices provolone cheese
1. In a large skillet add olive oil and sauté onions, peppers and mushrooms 3-4 minutes. Then add in ground Italian sausage, continue cooking until sausage is brown and crumbly. Place ingredients in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Return skillet to the stove and lightly brown round steak until no longer pink. Drain.
3. Layer the round steak in the slow cooker, and top with the other ingredients, (except bread and cheese).
4. Salt and pepper to taste and cook 3 ½ hours on high, or 7-8 hours on low temp.
5. When ingredients are done, slice Italian bread lengthwise, add cheese and top with mixture.
Also try on Onion Dinner Rolls, or your favorite breads.
Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to recipes.