(Spring Hill, Fl)
Editors Note: This recipe was submitted on our Favorite Camping Recipes Page.Directions:
Yield: 8-10 servings
4 1/2 cups fresh peach slices
1 cup sugar: + 1 cup sugar later
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Dash of cinnamon
1. Combine 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; flour add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
2. Melt butter and place in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish
. Pour in the moistened mixture, do not stir ingredients.
3. Add peaches, lemon juice and 1 cup sugar to a large pan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Pour the peach mixture over the other ingredients, do not stir. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until cobbler is golden brown. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes