What Adapter do I Need to Dump the Grey Water From My Class B RV?

by North

I have a 1989 Ford Cobra Discoverer. It has separate drainage outlets for black and gray water. However, I can't find the linkage/adapter to drain the gray water tank. The outlet is bigger than would fit in a regular garden hose.


Leave your RV repair bills to us—Good Sam Extended Service Plan

ANSWER: Hi North thanks for submitting your question on our Ask An RV Question Page

Based on the year of your Class B Motorhome (Camper-Van) I am going to guess that the grey water connection is a 1-1/2" Threaded connection.

The second picture above is a Valterra T01-0091VP 1-1/2" x 3/4" 90° Drain Connector that will let you attach a garden hose to your grey water connection.

If you need a non-angled connection then the Valterra T01-0094VP 1-1/2" x 3/4" Drain Connector (3rd picture above) will allow you to attach a garden hose to your grey water tank drain straight on.

If you want to make a sealed connection to an RV park's sewer connection using a garden hose you may want to look at getting a Camco 39322 RV Grey Water Seal Sewer Fitting (4th picture above). The water seal sewer fitting will give you an airtight odor and leak seal when you drain your RV's grey water with a garden hose.

I hope this helps.

Do you have any suggestions or comments on this topic? You can add them to this page by clicking on the "Click Here To Post Comments" link located near the bottom of this page.

Happy RVing

RVing Al

Click here to post comments

Return to Ask an RV Question.