FTC Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through some of the links in this article for more information, visit our Advertising Disclosure Page.

What Do I Need To Plug My 30 Amp RV Into 50 Amp Electric?

by Tim
(Hutto TX)

Can I plug in my 30 amp 2003 Coleman Utah pop up into a 50 amp service?

ANSWER: Hi Tim, if you are talking about plugging your 30 Amp RV into a 50 Amp plug at an RV campground, then yes you can safely do it. All you need is a 30 Amp To 50 Amp Adaptor which has a 120 volt 50 Amp male end and a 120 volt 30 Amp female end. You just plug your 30 Amp RV cord into the female end of the adaptor and plug the male end into the campground's 50 amp service plug.

If you are talking about plugging your 30 amp RV into a 220 volt 50 amp Welder plug then no that will not work. Read the answer I gave to the question below to find out why.

Leave your RV repair bills to us—Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Can I Plug My RV Into The 50 Amp Service For A Welder?

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Do you have any suggestions or comments on this topic? You can add them to this page by clicking on the "Click Here To Post Comments" link located near the bottom of this page.

Happy RVing

RVing Al

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask An RV Question.

Way Interglobal
Shop Best Prices on RV Fridges, Kitchen Appliances, Griddles, Stoves, Gas Ranges, Fireplaces at Way Interglobal Today!

Get Your Article Published on Everything About RVing

If you have written an article about RVing, Camping or the Great Outdoors and you would like us to publish it on Everything-About-RVing.com, please visit our Submit An Article Page.