What Do The Switches In The Entry Way Of Our 2006 Wilderness Travel Trailer Do?

by Todd

My wife and I are new to travel trailers and we bought a 2006 Fleetwood Wilderness trailer. We are not sure what the control switches are that are located to the left of the door. Some are not identified which has been very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Hi Todd in this case the best way to find out what the switches do is to turn them on and off and see what happens. I promise you that you will not hurt anything by doing this. Have a Label Maker ready so you can label the switches as you find out their function.

Good Sam Extended Service Plan is mechanical breakdown insurance for your RV, 5th Wheel, Trailer, and Tow Vehicle! FREE Quote

I can tell you the most common functions of these entry way switches. Turn the porch light on, turn on an interior overhead light in the trailer so you can see when entering the trailer when it is dark. If you have a lighted door handle on your trailer then one of those switches turns that on and off.

Good Sam Travel Assist

One of the switches is probably a battery disconnect switch which will cut off your trailer's house batteries from providing 12 volt DC power to the trailer. One of the switches may turn on your Travel Trailer's water pump.

If you still cannot figure out the switches after turning them on and off, you may want to contact the person or dealership you bought the travel trailer from and have them tell you what the switches do.

Hope this helps.

Do you have any suggestions or comments on this topic? You can add them to this page by clicking on the "Click Here To Post Comments" link located near the bottom of this page.

Over 1,500,000 successful roadside rescues—Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service

Happy RVing

RVing Al

Comments for What Do The Switches In The Entry Way Of Our 2006 Wilderness Travel Trailer Do?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Switch 2006 wilderness
by: Jerry Worley

That switch might be for the light under the entrance steps-Play with the switch at night,more likely to find out what it`s for .

Entry Switches
by: Anonymous

I'd try a call to the manufacturer.

Door switch
by: Anonymous

Could be for retractable entry steps.

Comments On This Topic From Everything About RVing Facebook Fan Page
by: RVing Al

Here are some comments on this topic from the Everything About RVing Facebook Fan Page:

Bobbie Ackley: water heater

Phyllis Muscolino: Just a guess? Outside lights? That is where mine were.

Abacus Black: power steps

by: Anonymous

water heater?

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Ask an RV Question.