FTC Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through some of the links in this article for more information, visit our Advertising Disclosure Page.

Visit the Everything About RVing YouTube Channel for some great videos about RVing

What Kind Of House Battery Do I Need For My Class C RV?

by Don
(Glendale AZ)

What size battery do I need for the cab of a "C" class RV?

ANSWER Greetings Don thanks for submitting your question on our Ask An RV Question Page.

When you talk about the type of battery you should use for the cab of your Class C RV, I have to assume you mean the battery that powers the 12 volt accessories in your RV. My recommendation is that you use at least two 6 volt deep cycle batteries to power the house portion of your RV.

We have all kinds of information on our website about why you want to use at least two 6 volt deep cycle batteries instead of one 12 volt battery to power the house portion of your RV. Take a moment to review the answers I gave to the following questions to get all the information you need on RV battery systems:

Are 2 Six Volt Batteries Better Than 1 Twelve Volt Battery To Provide Power To Inside Of RV?

Can I Replace My RVs Two 6 Volt Batteries With One 12 Volt Battery?

Do I Really Need A Deep Cycle Battery In My RV?

Hopefully you have gotten enough information to understand why it is important to have at least two 6 volt Deep Cycle Batteries to power the house portion of your motorhome. If any of our visitors have additional suggestions for you they can add them by clicking on the add a comment link located near the bottom of this page.

Happy RVing

RVing Al

Click here to post comments

Return to Ask an RV Question.