What Type Of Hydraulic Fluid Does My RV Slide Out Use?

by Rick
(Creston Iowa)

Can you tell me what kind of oil to use in the pump that runs my slide on my RV in and out.

ANSWER: Greetings Rick thanks for submitting your question on our Ask An RV Question Page.

What type of hydraulic fluid you use in a Hydraulic RV slide out depends on the year of the slide out system and also who manufactured your RV slide out system.

Some hydraulic slide out systems use transmission fluid others may have their own specialty hydraulic fluid. You first have to determine who your slid out was made by and what model it is and contact or visit the slide out manufacturer’s website to determine what fluid is right for your system.

Leave your RV repair bills to us—Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Hope this helps.

Do you have any suggestions or comments on this topic? You can add them to this page by clicking on the "Click Here To Post Comments" link located near the bottom of this page.

Protect your RV and your family while on the road: Join Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service Today and save!

Happy RVing

RVing Al

P.S. Did You Know that you can build your own Web Page on Everything About RVing? Just Tell Us Why You Love RVing, Share An RVing Tip Or Trick, Tell Us About Your Favorite Camping Or RVing Destination or Share a Funny RVing Story With Us.

Click here to post comments

Return to Ask an RV Question.