Where Can I Find The Serial Number For My Travel Trailer
(cottontown, tn )
Where do you locate the serial number on a travel trailer. I have a 272 Shasta Phoenix and the only I number I found was on a sticker on the trailer.
ANSWER Greetings Laurie thanks for submitting your question on our Ask An RV Question Page.
The location of the serial number varies by RV manufacturer and even the year the RV was made. Here are a couple of places that I suggest you look.
1. Inside the cabinets of the RV. May be on the cabinet door or one of the inside cabinet walls.
2. Check around the entrance door of the travel trailer. Might be a sticker on the door frame.
3. Check the trailer tongue, they are sometimes stamped there.
4. Check the whole exterior of the RV. There may a sticker or plate that has the serial number on it.
5. Check all the paperwork you have on the RV. You will be surprised where the serial numbers end up on this paperwork. Look for service or repair paperwork as they usually have the serial number.
6. If all else fails, you can take it to an RV Dealership and see if they can help you locate the serial number.
If any of our visitors have suggestions for you they can add them by clicking on the add a comment link located near the bottom of this page.
for you they can add them by clicking on the add a comment link located near the bottom of this page.